Thursday, October 4, 2007

September 22, 2007 South Dakota State University Jackrabbits


On September 22nd, my friend Jennifer and I road-tripped the 4 hour drive from St. Paul, MN to Brookings, SD to see the SDSU Jackrabbits play Texas State in the Beef Bowl. Of course SDSU won the football game (38-3), but the reason I was there was to see the "Pride of the Dakotas" Marching Band take the field at half-time. They did not disappoint!
We enjoyed some tail-gating before the game with my SDSU freshman-year college room-mate Holly and her boyfriend Cory. It had been about 3 years since I'd last seen Holly, so it was really good to see her again and catch up a bit. After the great game, Jennifer and I went to Skinner's Pub on Main Street to enjoy a few libations... it was a good night!
The next day we met up with my Mom & Dad and my Aunt Diane & Uncle Rodney at Cubby's on Main Street for lunch before we went back to St. Paul. (I had a mouth-watering buffalo-ranch-chicken-wrap!) The weather was beautiful, so we were able to sit on their back patio and enjoy one of the last wonderful September days. I also got to show off my new 2002 Saab to my family before we left town to drive back to Minnesota. :)
Check out the video of the "Pride of the Dakotas" that I took with my digital camera. It was the first video I've ever taken with my camera - pretty cool!

No comments: