Thursday, October 4, 2007

September 15, 2007 Minnesota Renaissance Festival

On Saturday, September 15th, I spent the afternoon at the Minnesota Resnaissance Festival with my niece, younger sister, and brother-in-law. I had been to the Festival once before, about 15 years ago when I was 17. I ate a roasted turkey leg and a breadbowl of beer cheese soup - SO GOOD! :) We watched a jousting tournament, a royal parade, and fire jugglers. We also looked over the many artists' ware, including jewelry, swords, paintings, ceramics, and things made out of glass and pewter. I bought a ring made of copper.

Of course it was fun to treat Jade as a princess on this festive afternoon, so she scored a pair of butterfly / fairy wings to wear. Isn't she cute? She also got a butterly necklace, purple sparkle facepaint, and a dried flower & ribbon wreath to wear on her hair.


At the end of the afternoon, we came upon a rock wall that Jade wanted to climb. It was about three stories tall, but fearless Jade was very excited about the challenge. She climbed all the way up to the top and sounded the horn. I'm so proud of her!

No comments: